Dorota Kozieradzka „After Hours”
Dorota Kozieradzka „After Hours”
April 21 – May 19
At the exhibition in Słupsk I am going to present four independent cycles which cannot be defined with one word; this is the reason why I propose to take the title of one from among these cycles, After Hours, as the title of the whole exhibition. This expression includes the formula of my work with photography; on the one hand this means investigating after hours, as if by the way of the main stream, but simultaneously something very important, since after hour we usually do the most important things. Two from these cycles (After Hours andBorn to be Wild) have already been presented in a shortened version at 6th Young Art Biennial Fish Eye; they are rather created situations. The two others are joined into a kind of a family story which represents another stream of photography, today a bit forgotten, but very important to me. It won’t be strictly documentary photography, but rather a subjective travel through past regions, inspired with the photos from family albums.
Born in 1982. Studied at the faculty of painting of the Academy of Fine Arts in Warsaw in the years 2001-2007. She got the painting diploma at Prof. Jarosław Modzelewski painting studio. Her diploma annexe in photography was made under the direction of Prof. Grzegorz Kowalski. In 2009 she became a laureate of the Young Poland scholarship program of the Minister of Culture and National Heritage. A co-author of the project Fontainebleaumade at the Zamek Ujazdowski Contemporary Art Centre in Warsaw in 2009.
– Legend (together with Michał Szuszkiewicz) / Studio Gallery / Warsaw
– Fighter Hunting / Promocyjna Gallery / Warsaw
Selected group exhibitions:
– 6th Young Art Biennial Fish Eye, Small Gallery, Słupsk
– Naughty Children of Alfred Jarry, Galerie Story Hotele, Berlin
– Naughty Children of Alfred Jarry, Real World Gallery, London
– Painting Attraction in Madrid, Window, Madrid
– In Dark Woods, Hang-ART7 edition 17th Polish Hangar, Salzburg
– Fontainebleau / Zamek Ujazdowski Contemporary Art Centre / Warsaw;
Łódź Design 2009 / Młodzi Gallery
– Public Space Image / Profil Contemporary Art Gallery / CK Zamek / Poznań
– 9th International Self-portrait Contest / post-contest exhibition / Regional Museum in Stalowa Wola
– Trophy / BWA Gallery in Zielona Góra
– Painting Attraction / Nuku Studio / Warsaw
– Body/Geometry / Kowalski Studio / BWA Gallery in Zielona Góra.
– 38th Bielsko Autumn Painting Biennial / BWA Bielska Gallery / Bielsko-Biała.
– (Im)mortal love / Art Supermarket / old school building at Górskiego 9 / Warsaw
– Exhibition of works by finalists of the Siemens Artistic Award contest at the Siemens seat in Warsaw
– Warsaw Artistic Photography Festival / post-contest exhibition / media gallery at the Academy of Fine Arts; Warsaw
– 4th Young Art Biennial Fish Eye / Baltic Gallery of Art / Ustka
– Art Magazine, part 2 / Wizytująca Gallery / Warsaw
– Paint from the Nose / Kuluary Gallery / Studio Art Centre / Warsaw
– Europeanblue – younggeneration / GrygoriiSynytsiaGallery, KPI/ Kiev – International Photo Festival in Łódź / Fabryka Fotografii gallery, Łódź
– Neighbours for Neighbours / NUKU studio / Warsaw
– Ryszard Łukowski’s students’ exhibition / Aspekt Gallery / Warsaw
– Mercipourlesfruits / Kuluary Gallery / Centrum Sztuki Studio PKiN / Warsaw